Microsoft Teams support for Egnyte as a Third-party cloud storage providerMay 14, 2020
Delete a SharePoint site or subsiteJuly 17, 2020
If you have required permissions, you can delete a Yammer group.
- Click the group, and then click the group settings icon .
- If you want to delete all conversations and files in a public group, first make the group private:
- Select Private Access, and then click Save Changes.
- Click the group settings icon to return to the settings page.
- In the bottom right corner of the group settings page, click Delete Group, and in the confirmation page, click Delete.
Important: When a Microsoft 365 connected group is deleted, its name can’t be reused until the group is permanently deleted. For more information, see Permanently delete a Microsoft 365 group.
What’s deleted when you delete a group
When any group is deleted, the messages in that group are deleted and immediately removed from search results and end user view.
How long the messages are retained for the purposes of eDiscovery and other compliance features will depend on the configuration of your network retention settings.
If your network retention settings are set to:
- Archive — These messages will be retained indefinitely.
- Delete — These messages will be retained for 30 days, after which time they will be permanently deleted and unrecoverable.
If you are a group admin for a group, you can delete that group. Network admins can delete any group they are a member of. Verified admins can delete any group.
Q. Is there any way to retrieve deleted data after a group has been deleted?
A. Check with the person in your business who has admin permissions. In a large business, this is the internal help desk / technical support. Depending on the data retention policies your verified admin set for your Yammer network deleted Yammer data may still be available in data exports.
If the deleted group was a Microsoft 365 connected Yammer group, the Microsoft 365 resources will be available for 30 days. For more information, see Restore a deleted Microsoft 365 Group.